Thursday, June 18, 2015

Gaining Momentum....

Everyone should always always ALWAYS prepare and brace themselves when it comes to marketing their books. If you don't have a team (as you would if you traditionally publish) to do it for you, then you'd better know that there are hours upon hours of staring at a computer screen and copying and pasting the same message - that all can add up to extreme exhaustion. When I first started a few days ago, I simply looked up sites that promoted books; that search wore me out the first day. It was very boring and I just felt like no one was going to reply (side note: you're going to send out A LOT of emails with no reply). So a few days later, I chose to try a different tactic, due to not wanting to jinx it I'm not going to speak on it too much (yes, I'm childish for that I know lol). However, this new tactic seems to work better than my first one. So anyways, the point of this post: gaining momentum. In relevance to authors, this means building your audience so you can have people talking about it. Let's be honest, once you put your book out there for the world to take hold of, it's NOT going to just 'catch on' and continue to spread like wildfire (if it does then you're literally just so lucky!). Each day I learn that what I put into it is what I'm going to get out of it, though that's something you're taught all the time you never really get it until it applies to your own life. When you wrote the book, you had a plan for it; so just like when you wrote the book, create a plan for it to gain momentum. Do free promotions, discount it, do whatever it takes to get your book out there! Unless you're James Patterson or E.L James, don't worry about sales in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment